LIEBHERR LB 16 unplugged
SUNCAR HK together with LIEBHERR developed the world's first battery-powered large rotary drilling rig "LB 16 unplugged". The LB 16 unplugged is the electric version of the LB 16 large rotary drilling rig powered by a combustion engine, which is already established in the product portfolio. The new special civil engineering rig with electric drive is battery-powered and therefore cordless. The LB 16 unplugged has no limitations in terms of performance and application compared with the conventional LB 16 version. The 55-ton electrohydraulic rotary drilling rig can be used for an entire working day without any problems thanks to a battery runtime of ten hours. The battery can then be fully recharged at night within seven hours.
The advantages of the LB 16 unplugged are clear: It produces no local emissions and significantly less noise. The electric rotary drilling rig can therefore be used in areas with strict emission limits as well as in noise-sensitive areas.
- to develop an electric drive solution for the LB16 construction machine manufactured by Liebherr.
- to supply components for the production of a prototype (LB16 unplugged).
- assemble the prototype with the help of Liebherr employees until before bauma.
- to manage real construction site operations with it.
- First engine start on the LB 16 unplugged just before Christmas 2018.
- Successful presentation of the LB 16 unplugged at bauma in Munich.
- Successfully completed operation on the construction site in Bürs.
More information on the LB 16 unplugged
Wollen Sie eine Maschine oder ein Fahrzeug elektrifizieren? Dann sind wir Ihr Partner!
Wir begleiten Sie, von der Machbarkeitsstudie, über die Konzeption und Konstruktion bis hin zum Bau des Prototyps oder einer Kleinserie und darüber hinaus.