Electric baggage and cargo tractor
The "SHERPA" E is a sustainable and future-oriented all-electric powered luggage tractor that SUNCAR has developed with Goldhofer - based on state-of-the-art technology proven in the automotive industry. The all-electric baggage and loading tractor is the first of its kind: it looks like its conventional diesel counterparts, has the same three cab variants and the same high level of driver comfort and safety as the regular "SHERPA" models - and offers much more besides, especially when it comes to sustainability and significant savings.
The goal of SUNCAR's project was to develop an all-electric baggage and cargo tug with innovative 400 V technology for small airports that specialize in handling private jets. It was important to have a device that could be used flexibly - safe and reliable in all functions.
For this reason, the "SHERPA" was developed in such a way that it can not only be used as a cargo tug, but can also move aircraft up to 50 t MTOW.
- Innovative "IonMaster" technology enables 80% battery reachability within one hour charging time - without special charging station.
- Operates in all temperature conditions from -25 °C to +50 °C (-13 °F to +122 °F).
- Provides the same towing performance, flexibility, safety and comfort as "SHERPA" D models
- Provides 360° visibility for operators, as the entire electrical system is mounted in the front, and the rear hitch is remotely controlled
- Allows conversion from "SHERPA" D to "SHERPA" E through a common vehicle platform for all drivelines
The development of the prototype was successful, so that today there are more than 10 "SHERPA" E in operation.
Wollen Sie eine Maschine oder ein Fahrzeug elektrifizieren? Dann sind wir Ihr Partner!
Wir begleiten Sie, von der Machbarkeitsstudie, über die Konzeption und Konstruktion bis hin zum Bau des Prototyps oder einer Kleinserie und darüber hinaus.